‘The benefits of ‘Hosted Exchange’
As our need to work anywhere and everywhere changes it has become increasingly necessary for businesses to work across multiple devices from many locations ~ all synchronised and all in real-time. Cloud services offer this service and many businesses now fully utilise it. But what about your emails? Have you moved into the 21st century, or are you still emailing in the good-old-fashioned-POP3-way? Things are changing. Email solutions are changing. You need to change with them.
Would we be right in saying that every single business uses email? We think so, but let us know if you don’t. As a business we really can’t survive without it. Emailing is now the number one primary communication tool for businesses.
Have you stopped to think how productive your email system is? If you are still using the traditional POP3 email connection then you are missing out on a myriad of productivity boosting features that ‘Hosted Exchange’ can offer. Such as:-
- Real-time and secure access from any computer.
- Backup of your emails, tasks, calendars and contacts. If your PC crashes, or you lose your mobile, none of your Outlook data is lost.
- Automatic syncing of email, calendar and contacts between outlook and your mobile device.
- Manage and access to your emails, contacts, calendar from anywhere (even remote locations) ~ securely, via the web or a mobile device.
- Full functionality of group scheduling and meeting requests.
- Share calendars with contacts and team members.
- Secure outlook connection.
- Powerful spam filtering.
- Automatic out of office notifications.
- Message recall functionality.
Hosted exchange will give you peace of mind, knowing that your data is secure, backed-up and available (guaranteed 99.9% uptime).
Basically hosted exchange is a computer server that stores your email, calendar, address book and files them centrally, making everything available across multiple devices 24/7. Used through Outlook at your basic email interface.
If you haven’t changed to ‘hosted exchange’ give the team at CTS Manchester a call to discuss further. Tel : 0161 798 4336.
Cyber-attacks are becoming more prevalent. It isn’t just the larger companies who are now constantly under threat from attack. Every business that uses the internet is a target. As larger businesses become more security aware and increase their in-house cyber-security, the more the attackers turn to smaller businesses who they consider an ‘easy target’.
Tip: Ensure your staff are cyber aware! Research tells us that it is generally your staff who are the biggest cyber security threat. It is important to invest in staff awareness training.
Note: 50% of the worst breaches are caused by inadvertent human error
Note: The experts say open Wi-Fi networks prove ‘child’s play’ for cyber-criminals.
CT Business Solutions (N Mcr) are a Cyber Essentials Accredited Implementer, allowing us to prepare businesses to proactively manage cyber threats and reduce the risk of attack.
You can never be totally safe, but most online attacks can be prevented or identified with basic security practices for your organisation, people, network, applications and systems. These security practices are as important as locking your doors or putting your cash in a safe. You can manage your online security in the same way you would protect any other aspect of your business. This is becoming a business necessity.
Basic steps you can take immediately.
- Ensure your anti-virus, anti-spyware and anti-malware are up-to-date. Free products do not offer the level of security you need, always use a reputable product that offers proactive security patching and updates.
- Install Firewalls or similar at the boundary of your network.
- Have extensive off premises backups, i.e. a cloud solution.
- Beware of phishing, vishing and smishing scams.
- Make your staff aware that Banks / HMRC would never ask you to confirm any confidential information over email or phone.
- Advise your staff NOT to open any email attachments that they are not expecting. CT Business Solutions offer a “forward to us for clearance service” to all our clients on our managed proactive service plan.
- Implement a strong password policy. Include capitals, numbers and symbols. Do not use the same password for multiple sites.
- Ensure that all staff are fully trained and knowledgeable on the importance of cyber security. Staff training is severely under-utilised, and yet lack of training is is the biggest cause of data-breaches.
- Ensure that your customers and suppliers are following essential cyber security rules. It is quite feasible that they could pass viruses to you unknowingly.
No one is infallible, but there is no excuse for not putting in place security measures that will make it extremely difficult for a cyber-attack to take place. As the level of techniques used by cyber-criminals to infiltrate companies IT infrastructure grows, it has never been more important to protect yourself and your company’s business data.
Your IT more often than not is the backbone of your company. Would you survive as a business without it? Would you survive as a business if someone stole or held your business data to ransom?
CT Business Solutions (N Mcr) offer an inspection service and are able to implement techniques to drastically reduce your risk of a cyber-breach. Get in touch to discuss options available to you. Tel : 0161 798 4336
Interesting linksHere are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)
- Comprehensive IT Services
- Contact Us
- CT Bear
- CT Business Solutions – Technology
- Customer Reviews
- Cyber Essentials
- GDPR and Compliance
- GEM Business Support – Admin & PA Services
- Have you ever sent an email to the ‘wrong person’?
- Have you ever sent an email to the ‘wrong person’?
- HD CCTV for Home and Office
- IT Services
- Meet the CT Business Solutions Team
- Mobile Device Management
- Request an Assessment
- SEM – Finance
- Thank you
- Thank you for subscribing!
- VoIP – Unified Communications
- Cloud Services
- Data Backup Services & Recovery Solutions
- Managed Business Solutions
- Remote Support Services
- Security Services
- Troubleshooting and Repairs
- July 2018
- June 2018
- January 2018
- July 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- February 2017
- December 2016
- October 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014