Have you ever ignored a sign that something is wrong with your PC? Go on admit it. You won’t be alone! Generally small businesses will ignore a blatant sign of a ‘something’s not quite right’. From finding a workaround stop gap because they’re just too busy to deal with it immediately.
Whilst we understand a busy office needs to keep ticking over, by ignoring the issue it really is just putting off the inevitable. At which point it could be much more severe, and have costly or even devastating effects for your business.
CT Business Solutions are always in favour of a pro-active IT management system. So here’s a few pointers to watch for that may indicate that your technology may be in need of our professional attention:-
- Regular pop up messages that are being ignored.
- This often includes critical things like renewing your security software or installing important updates for their operating system or applications.
- One or more systems are running unusually slow.
- This can be a sign of hardware starting to fail or software corruption.
- System regularly locks up and forces a reboot for no apparent reason.
- You may have a hard drive on the brink of complete failure and the potential for loss of important data if not addressed immediately.
- The systems are aging and there is no plan to refresh the hardware.
- If one or more systems are three years or older, it is likely time to start planning to buy new equipment and move to a newer, more secure, operating system.
- An application is not working properly.
- When a business application is not working like it should, you are likely losing productivity and are risking the loss of critical information.
- One or more of the systems are making noises.
- Like any electronic device, computers need to be properly maintained and regularly cleaned. Any unusual noise should be looked at right away and can be as simple as a dirty fan or as critical as a failing hard drive.
- If the systems just seem to be “quirky” or you are regularly trying to figure out how to work around some problem, there may be an underlying issue occurring.
Your technology should be helping your business to grow and be successful. It should never get in the way of you and your staff’s ability to be productive and efficient.
Computers and software are likely one of the most expensive and important assets in your office. Your business cannot run without them. It is critical that you make sure that they are properly maintained and that problems are addressed quickly by a professional.
If any of the above sound like your business then call our team at CT Business Solutions ~ 0161 798 4336. We will give you professional, unbiased advice on your best course of action.
Just remember, even small issues can be a sign of a much bigger problem, so don’t put it off!
Very best regards